This post will provide information about where to download and how to
install the Windows XP USB drivers for the camcorder Panasonic DV102D.
Before reading this, you should really think about grabbing an SD card
and using that to save the video you record with the Panasonic DV
102D. It would save you a good amount of time.
My parents had
an old (not really though) Panasonic camcorder sitting in their closet
that I decided to use. To make a long story short, I captured some
footage and now I'm having trouble getting the video off of the DV102D
and onto my computer that is running Windows XP home edition.
Downloading and installing those USB drivers for the
is a place that you can download the drivers for this Panasonic
camcorder and it's on the Panasonic website. Here are the steps for
correctly downloading and installing those USB drivers for the
camcorder. If you want to make XP recognize your video camcorder,
follow these steps.
- Go to the Panasonic support page (link below)
- Open up the third one down on the list
- Download link is on the right hand side of the page
- Right-hand click on 'download' and select 'save as'
- Wait for download to finish
- You need to have an unzipping program on your PC
- If you have something like WinZip or WinRar proceed to the next step
- Right-hand click on download and select 'open with'
- Choose your compression program (unzipping program)
Now you should see the files in your zip program main window. You want to extract the Panasonic camcorder USB driver files to a folder on your desktop. Open up that folder and look for the 'setup.exe' file and that's the one you're going to need to run.
If you took the time to check out the system requirements while you were at the Panasonic web page and noticed that Windows XP wasn't in the list you can try this to make the file run.
- Right-hand click on 'setup.exe' and choose 'properties'
- Next, select the 'compatibility' tab
- Tick or check the 'run this program with' check box
- Select Windows 2000 from the list
Don't forget to apply the changes before you exit
That should be it, go ahead and try to run the setup file again and you should be all good. I should also note that I did receive a warning about installing these drivers. I selected the 'continue installing' and finished the installation on two different computers and nothing negative happened as a result of that.
Here are the USB drivers for Panasonic DV102D camcorder to make your computer running Windows XP recognize your Panasonic camcorder.