Online forum community containing some of the best forum posts

Vault Online Forums Secret Community

free online forum community
Welcome to Vault Online Forums Secret Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

SpoofCard Caller ID Spoofing
Make truly private calls with SpoofCard

How to download and install Windows XP USB drivers for Panasonic DV102D camcorder

Last post 07-04-2008, 2:22 PM by Austin. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  07-04-2008, 2:22 PM 445

How to download and install Windows XP USB drivers for Panasonic DV102D camcorder

This post will provide information about where to download and how to install the Windows XP USB drivers for the camcorder Panasonic DV102D.

Before reading this, you should really think about grabbing an SD card and using that to save the video you record with the Panasonic DV 102D.  It would save you a good amount of time.

My parents had an old (not really though) Panasonic camcorder sitting in their closet that I decided to use.  To make a long story short, I captured some footage and now I'm having trouble getting the video off of the DV102D and onto my computer that is running Windows XP home edition.

Downloading and installing those USB drivers for the camcorder

Their is a place that you can download the drivers for this Panasonic camcorder and it's on the Panasonic website.  Here are the steps for correctly downloading and installing those USB drivers for the camcorder.  If you want to make XP recognize your video camcorder, follow these steps.

1. Go to the Panasonic support page (link below)
    2. Open up the third one down on the list
    3. Download link is on the right hand side of the page
    4. Right-hand click on 'download' and select 'save as'
    5. Wait for download to finish
    6. You need to have an unzipping program on your PC
    7. If you have something like WinZip or WinRar proceed to the next step
    8. Right-hand click on download and select 'open with'
    9. Choose your compression program (unzipping program)

Now you should see the files in your zip program main window.  You want to extract the Panasonic camcorder USB driver files to a folder on your desktop.  Open up that folder and look for the 'setup.exe' file and that's the one you're going to need to run.

If you took the time to check out the system requirements while you were at the Panasonic web page and noticed that Windows XP wasn't in the list you can try this to make the file run.

1. Right-hand click on 'setup.exe' and choose 'properties'
    2. Next, select the 'compatibility' tab
    3. Tick or check the 'run this program with' check box
    4. Select Windows 2000 from the list
    5. Don't forget to apply the changes before you exit

That should be it, go ahead and try to run the setup file again and you should be all good.  I should also note that I did receive a warning about installing these drivers.  I selected the 'continue installing' and finished the installation on two different computers and nothing negative happened as a result of that.

Here are the USB drivers for Panasonic DV102D camcorder to make your computer running Windows XP recognize your Panasonic camcorder

View as RSS news feed in XML